Digital Records Management and Preservation
Archiving and Accessing Web Pages: The Goddard Library Web Capture Process
Alessandro Senserini and Robert B. Allen, University of Maryland; and Gail Hodge, Nikkia Anderson, and Daniel Smith, Jr., Information International Associates, Inc.
Toward a Metadata Generation Framework: A Case Study at Johns Hopkins University
Mark Patton, David Reynolds, G. Sayeed Choudhury, and Tim DiLauro, Johns Hopkins University
SOFIA's Mirror (An astronomical mirror). Astronomy picture of the day for October 22, 2004.
Image Credit: Ron Strong (ARC / NASA). Courtesy of Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Astronomy Picture of the Day is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
A Web Service Interface for Creating Concept Browsing Interfaces
Tamara Sumner, Faisal Ahmad, and Qianyi Gu, Universtiy of Colorado, Boulder; Francis Molina and Stedman Willard, American Association for the Advancement of Science; Michael Wright, Lynne Davis, and Sonal Bhushan, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research, and Greg Janée, University of California, Santa Barbara
Assessing the Durability of Formats in a Digital Preservation Environment: The INFORM Methodology
Andreas Stanescu, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
A Service-Oriented Framework for Bibliography Management
José H. Canós, Manuel Llavador, Carlos Solís, and Enrique Ruiz, Technical University of Valencia
Report on the 4th International Web Archiving Workshop (IWAW): 16 September 2004, Bath, United Kingdom
Julien Masanès, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, and Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Courtesy of Robert Nemiroff, Astronomy Picture of the Day
The OCKHAM Initiative - Building Component-based Digital Library Services and Collections
Eric Lease Morgan, University of Notre Dame; Jeremy Frumkin, Oregon State University; and Edward A. Fox, Virginia Tech
ACRL's Effective Practices Clearinghouse
Priscilla Finley, University of Nevada
SEPIADES: Open Source Software Tool for Cataloguing Photographic Collections
Edwin Klijn, European Commission on Preservation and Access (ECPA)
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2005, 7 - 11 June 2005, Denver, Colorado, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 27 January 2005.
- International Congress on Peer Review and Biomedical Publication, 15 - 17 September 2005, Chicago, Illinois, USA. Call for papers. The abstract submission date is 15 January 2005.
- 9th European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries (ECDL 2005), 18 - 23 September 2005, Vienna Austria. Call for workshop proposals. The deadline for workshop proposals is 28 January 2005.
- Thirty-eighth Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 3 - 6 January 2005, Big Island, Hawaii, USA
- Web Development with XML: Design and Application, an ARL Workshop, 3 - 7 January 2005, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
- CIDR 2005: Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 4 - 7 January 2005, Asilomar, California, USA
- Beyond Personalization 2005: A Workshop on the Next Stage of Recommender Systems Research, 9 - 12 January 2005, San Diego, California, USA
- ALISE 2005 Annual Conference: Boundary Crossings, 11 - 14 January 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Two LITA Regional Institutes: 1) Wireless Networks in Libraries and 2) Establishing an Institutional Repository, 14 January 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Electronic Imaging 2005, 16 - 20 January 2005, San Jose, California, USA
- Open Content Licensing (OCL): Cultivating the Creative Commons, 18 - 19 January 2005, Brisbane, Australia
- Society for Information Science (SIS) 23rd Annual Conference: SIS-2005, 27 - 29 January 2005, Visakhapatnam, India
- The Sixth Australasian User Interface Conference, 31 January - 3 February 2005, Newcastle, Australia
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2004 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial